January 8, 2019
What You Need to Know Before Buying Audio Cables in UAE
Even in this Wi-Fi and wireless era, we need wires for our audio and video setup. Whether it’s your internet connection, your TV, or your sound system; hardwire cables are essential to align everything over functional grounds.
Mainly, there are two types of audio cables
- Analog transmits information in the form of electrical signals
- Digital transmits information in binary codes
Analog and Digital Cables have several types that we should know.
Types of Analog Cables
XLR Cables are balanced and are perfect to connect with microphone, powerful sound systems and instruments with XLR connections. They are usually long and with zero noise interference.
TRS Cables (Tip Ring Sleeve) are proper connectors and can be both balanced and unbalanced. Basically, this cable caters the right and left audio channels. Mostly, these are used in headphones.
TS Cables are the most common cables in music studios. They are always unbalanced hence the wire length has to be kept as short as possible.
RCA Cables are similar to those TS cables with Red & White audio wires. Red is used for the right channel and White (sometimes Yellow) for the left. RCA cables are used by the DJs for their digital music players and mixers. These are unbalanced therefore you have to go with the shortest possible length.
Types of Digital Cables
MIDI Cables do not transmit sound. Typically, they are used to send event messages. While doing so, you need to be clear whether you are sending a message, receiving a message or passing the information to another system and you need to plug your MIDI cable in the ports IN, OUT and THRU respectively.
USB Cables are very common these days especially in the field of music production. Also, they help in exchanging information from computers to different devices or vice versa.
So, these are the major types of cables.
In this wireless world, cables are not the most attractive part of your system. However, since there is no avoiding of this mesh of cables you better understand the functionality and looks to eliminate hassles and make sure you get a better result with the cables you choose.
To get the ultimate result, you need to find the right cable. And that’s never easy! No? do your research, understand the cables first, their different types and purposes and then you decide what to get from where at what price. Until you get that clarity, you will remain confused about certain aspects of this shopping experience.
You have to judge between prices, which vary quite dramatically, from product to product and brand to brand. You will have to judge between brands which flood the markets in the UAE given the place’s metropolitan character. You will even have to judge between vendors because it’s always risky to trust anyone you come across these days. So, you have a tough ride ahead! So, brace yourself and obtain the maximum knowledge of the product!
Things you need to know before buying audio cables in the UAE
The UAE is a dynamic place to be. It’s the corporate hub of the world with offices of all the global giants and multinationals. There are recording studios, religious places, theaters, dance floors and even tech-savvy professionals and music loving people who need to buy audio cables in Kuwait, UAE, Bahrain, Oman & Saudi Arabia for their diversified needs. Hence, the UAE is a huge market of such cables available in physical stores and online.
There are certain things you need to know before you embark on your shopping expedition to lay your hand on audio cables in the UAE. Some of these tips may come handy for your next buy from one of the physical stores.
- Know your usage: First of all be clear about the purpose you need an audio cable for. The need may range from personal use to professional use. The awareness of this aspect may make your shopping easy.
- Choose the right type: Once you are clear about your usage you need to understand which type of cable will serve your purpose best.
- Choose the right brand: There are a number of cable brands. Choosing the right brand will always help. The right brand will give you the right quality and performance. Check out the brands online, discuss it with a friend or ask the vendor to give you the right advice.
- Go for the right measurement: Determine the length of cable you require. Measure the distance from one of the terminals you want to connect to the other, using a measuring tape. Normally cables are available in standard lengths, however, a little precision is always helpful.
- Compare the quality of cable with the quality of your system: When you purchase tires for your car, do you buy the tire of the same size as the rims? If yes, then you need to apply the same rule to shop the cables. High-performance cables will give you the best performance with your high-quality system.
- 6. Get the right connection: These cables come with a range of connections. You need to know the type of connection you need for your system before buying it such as Stereo RCA terminals (left) and connectors (right), RCA Audio Patch Cables. Then, there are 6 cable connectors including, TRS, XLR, RCA, SpeakOn, and Banana Plug.
- Choose the right Cable Shielding: Cable Shielding prevents Electromagnetic interference (EMI). For this purpose, cables are protected with insulated conductors and wrapped with a conductive layer to reduce electrical noise, its impact on signals along with lowering electromagnetic radiation. Cable Shielding is available in a variety comprising Braided Shield, Serve Shield, and Foil Shield.
- Choose the right Vendor: To get the best performance, durability, and quality you need to procure a genuine product. Search the right vendor online and never ever go for a fake product. Selecting the right vendor is quite a challenge unless you have decided to go to the flagship store of a particular brand.
In the UAE when you set out to buy the cables from physical stores, you have to be careful to select the right product from the right source. While in doing so online, you have to be even more cautious to grab only the most authentic and genuine products, because the internet is not the safest platform for this kind of shopping.
Customers normally complain about the price difference between genuine and not-so-genuine products and even between brands. There is a need to understand that price is not the issue if you get your hands on the right product and the right quality. Another important feedback from customers is that audio cables never perform at par with the claims. Now, the complaint is 100% correct but is there anything in the world that performs at par its claim? If no, then you are right!
To get the right product from the physical or virtual marketplace, always remember that you need to know and understand its usage. Choose the right brand and get the most authentic products to enjoy the best sound that is always music to your ears!