August 21, 2017
LG Refrigerators with InstaView: Designed for Your Family’s Needs
Introduced by LG Electronics in 2016, their refrigerator series called “LG InstaView” combined their flagship Door-in-Door technology with a smart screen LCD door. The series offers you a sleek and ultra-modern refrigerator that will positively amp up the level of luxury in your kitchen.
Though the range is on the higher end of the cost spectrum, its new looks, modern features and high-performance levels can make it a smart buy. The refrigerator packs its state of the art looks with the best technology in cooling, freezing and preserving foods.
What Did We Love About It? The Top Features
You would love LCD glass window, which lights up to show what is inside when you double tap or knock on it. Here is a look at the other things you’d love about it.
The InstaView window
The 29-inch LCD display is translucent when you do not want it to be transparent. Located on the right door, it has a tinted glass, which comes with a black stainless finish and does not let you or anyone else see what is inside – unless you knock on it twice.
With this feature, LG InstaView leaves behind glass door refrigerators that look fancy but are difficult to maintain.
The Color Options
LG InstaView refrigerators are available in two colors, stainless steel and black stainless.
– The stainless steel is the conventional refrigerators that are stain resistant
– The blackless stainless finish, besides being stain resistant, is also fingerprint resistant and costs more.
The Door Options
With French doors, they are available in two, three and four door options. With hidden hinges, they offer more flexibility and are built with Double Swing Freezer technology. The Door-in-Door feature works great and has a cabinet that is made to store frequently needed and accessed food items. Yes, it’s the same cabinet with the LCD screen that turns transparent. Store the daily items here, as it can prevent the loss of cool air from the main compartment behind the door.
The Door-in-Door feature helps keep food fresh, thanks to the trademark Cold-Saver technology – its energy efficient and saves up to 47% energy loss.
You have a humongous storage capacity of 30 cu. Ft. While the fridge capacity stands at 19.50cu.ft, you’ve a freezer capacity of 10.10cu.ft. The large capacity means you can store food for long periods and stock up on groceries and condiments needing refrigeration.
– The refrigerator has an easy roll-out drawer inside to store vegetables and three adjustable glass shelves.
– The left door of the refrigerator has the SlimSpace ice maker and water dispenser with removable water filters – helping you get drinking water quickly.
– Store food in the main compartments and in the in-door shelves as well.
– The ice can be frozen as either cubed or crushed and can be dispensed externally without opening the door.
– Three different temperature settings keep the inside fresh – and you can even control the temperature of the drawer.
– The presence of Linear Compressor and Dual Evaporators keep food fresher for longer periods by quickly normalising changes in the temperature and humidity level – when the door is opened and closed.
– The grocery drawer retains an adequate amount of moisture that keeps vegetables crisper for a longer duration.
– The brightly lighted LED interiors also lend a fresh feel to the interiors of the refrigerator.
– The LG InstaView Refrigerators may pack in many space saving features that offer good storage capacities but may not be the refrigerator you want to buy given other comparative options.
– Initially, you may find the control area of the refrigerator a bit clumsy and unorganised for use.
– You would also miss out on the fact that it’s not WIFi enabled and doesn’t have smart connectivity like the Samsung Family Hub.
– While designed for large families, the storage capacity may fail you if you wish to stack more than one large box of any food item.
– With the absence of a beverage rack and an inability to store a 2-litre bottle, the storage capacity offered by LG InstaView may not seem that desirable.
Should You Buy It?
The LG InstaView series is a good choice if you work in the kitchen extensively and have back problems as you have to stoop less when using this refrigerator. You would love the style and design, and the door-in-door feature works great too, allowing increased accessibility and enabling better energy savings, thanks to the ColdSaver panel.
This refrigerator comes at a hefty price – all because of the InstaView window – and unless you really want the feature, you can look at some other competitively priced options. Alternatively, you might just want this new piece of technology – it does add in some great aesthetic value.
The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free