March 23, 2017
It’s up to you to take the first step and see what’s more in this beautiful planet. If you are already thinking about looking for a perfect place to tour, why not go to the place you dreamed a long time ago? But if you still can’t think of any, I might as well recommend the best place that I visited – South Korea!
South Korea is in East Asia, in the southern half of the Korean Peninsula. South Korea is a different country that both tourists and adventurers can enjoy. It is a place that has a lot of breathtaking sights, which includes industrialized cities, urban areas, and rural areas.
The astounding sites you shouldn’t miss
I love the high-tech and industrialized cities of South Korea like Seoul, Incheon, and Busan. Seoul is the capital of South Korea where you can find the famous N Seoul Tower and Gyeongbokgung Palace. Incheon is where you can find the main airport in South Korea.
Urban areas in South Korea are fascinating but what captured my heart are its coastal fishing villages and sub-tropical islands. One of my favorites is Jeju Island. This place is super spectacular!
When I first set foot on Jeju Island, it seemed like I never wanted to leave that place anymore. Cooling, fresh air can be felt, and breathtaking scenes are all over the place. I’m sure you will also admire Jeju Island especially when you see Seongsan Ilchulbong, a volcanic tuff cone also called “Sunrise Peak” with its crater formed by hydrovolcanic eruptions.
There are still a lot of picturesque sightings in South Korea like Upo Wetlands, South Korea’s largest natural swamp. Samhwasa, which was a beautiful point of inspiration for poets and painters. Cheonjiyeon Falls is another example. Koreans believed it as the connection between heaven and the land just because seven gods descended from the sky to bathe in the pond.
There are also a lot of villages from different dynasties that are still being preserved up to this day. Andong Hahoe Village is South Korea’s most famous folk village and birthplace of the Yu clan. Derangee Village is where the nation gets most of its natural resources such as crabs.
Open yourself up to new tastes
Of course, traveling won’t be completed just by walking to different destinations. You should also give the country’s best cuisine a try.
I’ve tried eating different cuisines from various countries but what I love most about Korean cuisine is the uniqueness in the seasoning. Aside from the seasoning, I also enjoyed the serving of seven to nine dishes in a typical Korean table setting.
Korean’s basic everyday meal is a bowl of white rice, soybean paste vegetable soup, a plate of Kimchi and other side dishes like seasoned vegetables, meat, and fish. Aside from the basic Korean food, you can also enjoy the country’s exotic cuisines like its famous Sannakji, a live Octopus. I’ve tried it already, and even though it’s very weird and a challenge to eat, I still found it quite tasty.
Preparation is a must!
Destinations and the food are all set, but before getting into these things, we need to prepare first. And we should always keep in mind the things that we’ll likely need for our travels. Here are ten quick and easy travel tips you should consider.
Make a list of items you need to pack. I write down the things I need to bring to ensure I won’t forget anything.
If you are tech-savvy, make sure to bring an extra battery for your camera and phones or pack a reliable power bank. You wouldn’t want to miss every single scenery, right?
If you’re packing for clothes, just bring those you need, enough for the days that you will be traveling.
1. Make sure to pack jackets, sweaters, beanie, and scarf if you’re going to Korea. These are a must! I’m sure you don’t want to freeze along the street while heading to N Seoul Tower.
2. Choose luggage rather than a backpack. Bringing luggage will make you more comfortable while a pack might only give you a backache.
3. If you prefer adventures, like hiking and camping, you should prepare your camping equipment and include it on your list. And if you need an off-road ride, you might want to check Darwin4wdhire for the best equipment.
4. It is also important to bring a handy first aid kit. You won’t have any idea when you will be injured while walking the streets of Seoul. Your first aid kit should include painkillers, decongestant, and even bandages.
5. Wear comfortable shoes. It will help you walk and tour around the place. For me, I always wear my tennis shoes. I don’t care if I look weird, I only care about being comfortable.
6. At least learn how to speak some common phrases of the country’s language. Like saying “Thank you,” “Please” and “I’m Sorry.” As for me, I like to say “Saranghaeyo” in Korean, which means “I love you.”
7. Your passport should be on top of your list. Never forget this! You might forget everything on the list but not your passport. Of course, you cannot go anywhere without this. Everything will still be useless.
These travel tips are just some guides on some important things for you to keep in mind before getting into the cab and going to the airport. All the preparations will still be up to you.
Traveling to a different country might cost you a lot of money, but it is a once in a lifetime experience you can reward yourself. Give yourself the chance to breathe and enjoy things without thinking of anything else. You deserve some adventure after all!
For me, I travel because I can and I want to. It is one of my dreams to tour the world. I decided to take the first step and went to South Korea, which is the top destination that I want to visit.
South Korea is just one of the best countries to visit. There are still a lot of places around the globe that are worth the miles and effort. In traveling, it helps to learn new languages. It gives you a different perspective on the country’s culture, and it gives you the satisfaction that you can reach your goal to see the world. Just make sure to prepare ahead of time and manage everything so that all you have to do is enjoy your travel.
About The Author
Williams A. Young is an expert mechanical engineer by profession but a camping and car enthusiast by heart. Despite of his hectic schedule, he always finds time to go to the woods and light a campfire. During his leisure time, he writes in behalf of Darwin4wdhire about the latest car models and its features and also about his recent camping experiences.