January 30, 2017
Career Options for Science Students
There is around one crore of students writing 12th standard board examination across the nation. It is evident these exams are a turning point in each of pupils life. Even once the results are out both students and parents may experience sleepless nights. It is a vital point in student’s life where they have to make career options that would lead them to lead a happy and prosperous life.
Now coming to biggest question that arises in every student “what’s next?” once done with board exams. Most of them have already chosen a stream that they want to step in after class 10th. But it may change one’s mind in two years of time span. Some even may have thought of preparing for PMT or IIT-JEE. It always betters to have a backup. Students preparing for various entrance exams can opt for NCERT Books and NCERT Solutions. These books help to upgrade one’s knowledge quotient.
NCERT Solutions are prepared by expert academic writers and teachers. The contents are in detail manner that are easy to grasp and are understanding. One of the advantages of NCERT Books is that they are available online.
Science is vast stream comprising of several courses with a lot of future scopes. One of the advantages of science students is that they can either opt for other streams in humanities and commerce which pupil’s of other stream do not have.
Science is categorized as Applied and Pure Science. Further, it can be classified as Biology and Maths Category. The first thought that would appear in mind is either engineering or Medical. However, they are several other courses that one can choose from.
Engineering: At present, it is one of the most sorted out career options. If a student is keen in Maths, Physics and Science subjects, and if they love to explore the world of machines and technology then this can be the best option. Course Duration is four years. The Bachelor of Technology offers courses in different fields. Namely,
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Information Technology
- Biomedical Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Printing and Media Technology
- Industrial and Production Engineering
MBBS: Students who are keen interested in biology and would like pursue in medical stream can opt for this field. The course offered as follows.
- Dental Surgeon
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- Bachelor of Dental surgery
- Bachelor of Ayurveda medicine and surgery
- Physician and lots more.
Biotechnology: This stream is a combination of both Biology and Technology. Courses offered are as follows
- Sc in Biotechnology and Bioinformatics
- Diploma in Biotechnology
- E. in Biotechnology
- Industrial Biotechnology
- Science in Biotechnology.
- Sc. in Forensic Sciences
- Sc. in Life Science, Chemistry, Forensic Science
- Sc. in Forensic Sciences
- Diploma in F/Sciences
- Diploma in Criminology and Forensic Science for Police personnel
- Diploma in Forensic Science Diploma in Forensic Science
- Sc in Agriculture
- Sc (H) in Agriculture
- Sc in Agricultural Eco and Farm management
- Sc in Agricultural Meteorology
- Sc in Agricultural Biotechnology
- Sc in Agricultural Statistics
- Sc in Agronomy
- Sc (Agriculture Marketing and Business Management)
- Sc (Bio-chemistry and Agricultural Chemistry)
- Sc in Crop Physiology
- Sc in Entomology.
Students today have various career options that they can choose within their field of interest. More such interesting facts and information visit BYJU’S.