August 18, 2016
Will Snapchat be the next big thing at Events?
There’s a new social media platform fast gaining popularity, especially among the young generation. So what’s different about it? Snapchat is all about the now. Your posts just disappear after 24 hours!
Well, when you think about it, you hardly ever see posts of your friends a second time – they get buried under tons of other posts. Snapchat has just formalized it, plus, it uses FOMO or Fear of Missing Out, to foster a sort of addiction. That is, either you see it NOW or lose your chance to see it for good.
Events are also temporary, and that’s the connection. Snapchat is a communication platform committed to temporary experiences. This feature is exactly what event management firms in metro cities like Bangalore can take advantage of. Create hype around your event, or specific activities connected with your event, and encourage people to take photos and share them on Snapchat. The main filters used in Snapchat are:
- Lenses – It performs facial recognition and augments the face with graphics to make it resemble your favorite animal or even a taco, which is incidentally branded by Taco Bell.
- Geofilters – Images (similar to clip art) that can be added to the frames, top or bottom of the photos; these can be accessed at any time but within a specific geographical region.
- On-demand filters – which are time-bound filters.
The last one specifically seems tailor-made for events. Capture experiences as and when they are happening, and instantly share. It’s all about being there first. So if the person is not at your event at a particular time, they will not be able to take advantage of that filter.
How you can Leverage Snapchat for your events:
- Create behind-the-scenes content: You can send photos and videos that last for just a couple of minutes or a few seconds before it disappears. Create ‘top secret’ kind of content; maybe a teaser, a sneak peek into an upcoming event, hints about surprises your guest can expect – this will definitely help arouse curiosity and a desire to attend the event.
- Incorporate filters for guests to enhance their selfies. You can use animations or graphics relevant to your venue; these can be bought or you can create your own. However, you cannot do branding in the filter.
- Send Fun Facts about your Event: This is not the same as sending teasers; just interesting facts about the upcoming event. If you’re hosting a seminar on say, digital marketing, you can send potential attendees interesting snippets of information, like how revenue from digital marketing has grown, the percentage of people purchasing online, facts about online advertising, and so on.
- Giveaway time-bound coupons: Everyone loves freebies; the coupons, however, will be valid for a very short period of time – say 30 seconds or even lesser; this will get your guests excited for sure.
This is a great opportunity for popularizing your event; don’t miss out. If you’re not sure how you can incorporate it into your event, you can always hire corporate event management companies. White Massif is one of the top 10 event management companies in Bangalore with years of experience in organizing diverse events. Our teams are up-to-date with the latest technology and can help you gain maximum popularity and attendance for your events.