April 30, 2016
Pay per click (PPC) which is also known as cost per click (CPC) is a paid internet model of advertising model that aims at directing traffic to websites. The website publisher, or owner is billed according to the number of clicks achieved per ad banner. The ad banners are displayed on different websites and search engines’ result pages. The ad banners appear after any search is done using the keywords, or phrases that are relevant to the target audience. There are two models used in costing the clicks; fixed price per click and bid-based models. The most popular PPC providers are Google Ad words, Microsoft Ad center and Yahoo! Search Marketing. All the three providers use bid-based model rather than the fixed price per click model. To see how PPC can increase your revenue examine the following benefits you will accrue from using it.
10 Benefits of using PPC advertising
* PPC advertising ensures that the ads are delivered to the precise market target. This is achieved by selecting age, region, gender, location, job and preferences related to the target market.
* Generally, online advertising in platforms such as the search engines and social network media is cheaper than traditional advertising. The ads are easier to make and there is no rent space is needed. The benefit is augmented by the fact that people will view your ad content even without making clicks.
* In PPC, you have the opportunity to control the advertising budget by setting the amount that you will spend on the process; you can add or reduce it along the way.
* There is a very high return on advertising. The return on advertisement goes to above two percent of the money invested in pay per click depending on the quality of the campaign.
* There is a lot of flexibility in using PPC. Non-performing PPC campaigns can be adjusted by changing the location, target market, demographics and content.
* The performance of the PPC ad campaign can be seen within minutes of launch especially if the ads and landing pages are attractively designed, and the products and services are quality.
* The ad set up is very quick; it takes only a few minutes to complete the ad banner and launch it to go live.
* You are able to track the performance of the PPC campaign. It is possible to know how many people clicked on it, viewed your content and, either made purchases or bounced out. This enables you to know how PPC can increase your revenue in future
* You are able to create several ad banners and test them by rotating them to see which one has the highest response from the target market.
* PPC creates brand awareness even without people clicking on the ad. They will see your company logo, address or contacts, and company info. Some may use the contacts to later make direct purchases.
The above mentioned benefits play a major role in creasing the revenue generated through PPC. If your business needs fast recognition in the market, PPC is the ideal option even if your budget is limited. You can start low and later increase the budget as you get more revenue from the PPC campaign. So, do not waste your resources on SEO methods that take longer to perform, go for the fastest-the PPC method!