January 9, 2016
The Last Safe Investment Spend Now To Increase Your True Wealth Forever
Today’s best investment isn’t a hot startup, a blue chip stock, a government bond or the housing market. It’s right in the mirror: yourself.
Too many people focus their investments externally instead of looking to themselves as the most reliable source of wealth they can generate.
In “THE LAST SAFE INVESTMENT: Spending Now to Increase Your True Wealth Forever”, authors Bryan Franklin and Michael Ellsberg make a powerful case for investing in the only asset you can 100% control and which can yield exponential dividends: your own capacity to earn.
By reframing what constitutes “spending” and what constitutes “investing in your own earning power” expenses like education, physical fitness, socializing, and books are transformed into investments that will help you move on to bigger and better things—as a result of improved relationships, skills, knowledge, and ability.
Discarding the traditional model of investing, Franklin and Ellsberg propose the Self-Amplifying Financial Ecosystem (SAFE) plan.
This plan teaches readers:
• Which small investments they can make for a big impact on other people and multiplying their earning potential.
• The secret to accumulating savings without willpower or deprivation.
• How to invest in life’s richest experiences—which money can’t buy.
• The “Super Skills” — the most valuable, sought-after, rewarded, and universally beneficial human skills.
• Why most people are throwing away huge sums of money in the quest for happiness, and how to spend that money more efficiently.